-Put the award logo/image on your blog
-List the rules
-Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
-Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
-Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
-You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
-Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
-Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
-Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me:
– I’m a scaredy cat. I don’t like scary anything; movies, tv shows, haunted houses, whatever. I can’t even watch the previews on television. I’m the person who mutes the TV, and still closes my eyes, plugs my ears with my fingers, and sings ‘la la la la la.’
– I really love the TV show The Office (US version). I have lost count of how many times I’ve watched it.
– I lived in Switzerland after college and worked as an au pair there.
5 questions from TwistedReader:
–Who is your favorite book character and why?
I don’t know if I have a favorite book character. At least, it changes pretty regularly. Two of my current favorites are Cletus Winston (The Winston Brothers series by Penny Reid (link to the first book)), and Lucy Hutton (The Hating Game by Sally Thorne).
Cletus Winston because his dry, witty, humor has me laughing out loud. In addition to his wit, he is fiercely protective of his family and those he cares about. He is surprisingly sweet and feels everything much deeper than he lets on.
Lucy Hutton because of her crazy, somewhat schizo-like thoughts. She’s so funny and witty. Her drive and determination to succeed in her career is also one of the reasons why she is one of my favorites right now.
Apparently I like characters who are witty and can make me laugh 🙂
–What book world would you choose to live in?
Out of the books I’ve read recently, definitely would have to be Green Valley, Tennessee. Penny Reid’s Winston Brothers series makes me want to move to that small town so badly. Good people. Beautiful scenery. Bearded men. Sign me up! (My review of Beard Science [Winston Brothers #3])
–What book changed your view on life?
Last year I read Maybe In Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid. It’s a dual universe book, where one decision the heroine makes takes her life in two different directions. The reader gets to see those two paths in alternate chapters. Seeing how the main character’s life, as well as how her decisions affected those around her, played out was definitely life changing for me. It really made me think about the decisions I make, and whether or not one decision could change the course of my life.
–If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Someplace with a lot of history. I want to be able to walk around a city and not have every building be less than 20 years old. If I had to chose a place within the US then I’d say Boston or Philadelphia. If I could pick internationally, then somewhere in England.
–What is the funniest book you’ve read and what made you decide to read it?
One of the funniest series I’ve read recently is the Heather Wells series by Meg Cabot. It caught my attention because of the title of the first book, Size 12 is Not Fat. I laughed out loud so many times. Specifically in book three, there’s a scene where the heroine is running for the first time in a very long time. Her inner monologue will have you rolling on the floor in a fit of laughter.
I tag the following for the Mystery Blogger Award:
5 Questions for the bloggers listed above:
- What is one of your favorite book covers? Share a picture!
- What book were you surprised by? It could be one that had a major plot twist, or one you thought you’d love but didn’t, or vice-versa.
- What is your favorite book, or recently read favorite? What about it makes it a favorite?
- If you could have lunch with any author, whom would it be and where would you go?
- Paperback or eBook? Why?
Most liked post:
Hopefully y’all enjoyed that and weren’t too bored 🙂